Celebrity Cruises has been honored for its outstanding wine program in Wine Spectator‘s 2023 Restaurant Awards, which celebrate the world’s best restaurants for wine.
Premium cruise line Celebrity was recognized with 18 prestigious Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards in this year’s edition, with some of the brand’s dining venues receiving honors for the 11th consecutive year. With the 2023 awards under its belt, the cruise line now has an all-time total of 118 WS awards.
Celebrity Cruises continues to be the only cruise line in the industry to receive the coveted “Best Of” Awards of Excellence—with six bestowed upon restaurants on the line’s Edge Series ships for 2023.
The Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards
Wine Spectator, the world’s leading authority on wine, began its awards program in 1981 to recognize the world’s best wine lists.
The magazine’s award program features three levels: Award of Excellence, Best of Award of Excellence, and Grand Award. This year 2,001 restaurants achieved the Award of Excellence, given to venues with 90 or more wine selections that also match the cuisine in both style and pricing.
For 2023, 1,411 restaurants won a Best of Award of Excellence, typically bestowed upon restaurants offering 350 or more selections and that also show a deep commitment to wine—both in the cellar and through their service team.
Wine Spectator has a readership of about 3.5 million people worldwide. Led by Wine Spectator magazine, the brand also encompasses the internet’s most comprehensive wine site, mobile platforms, and a series of signature events. Wine Spectator examines the world of wine from vineyard to table, exploring wine’s role in modern culture and delivering expert reviews.
Celebrity Cruises’ 2023 Wine Spectator Award winners
Celebrity Ascent, the brand’s newest ship set to launch in November, received two “Best Of” awards for the wine offerings at Le Voyage—the second installment of Daniel Boulud’s restaurants at sea—and at its rustic and elegant Italian restaurant, Tuscan.
Her sister ship, Celebrity Beyond, also received “Best Of” awards in the same venues.
“We’re always working hard to go above and beyond for our guests, and this recognition by the respected experts at Wine Spectator shows just how dedicated we are to delivering the best dining experiences at sea,” said Laura Hodges Bethge, president of Celebrity Cruises.
“We are honored to continue to be the only cruise line with the highest recognition, and thrilled that our newest vessel, Celebrity Ascent, also made the list,” Bethge continued in a press release.
The full list of Celebrity Cruises winners includes:
- 2023 Best of Award of Excellence – Le Voyage, Celebrity Ascent
- 2023 Best of Award of Excellence – Tuscan, Celebrity Ascent
- 2023 Best of Award of Excellence – Le Voyage, Celebrity Beyond
- 2023 Best of Award of Excellence – Tuscan, Celebrity Beyond
- 2023 Best of Award of Excellence – Normandie, Celebrity Edge
- 2023 Best of Award of Excellence – Cyprus, Celebrity Apex
- 2023 Award of Excellence – Fine Cut, Celebrity Apex
- 2023 Award of Excellence – Fine Cut, Celebrity Beyond
- 2023 Award of Excellence – Fine Cut, Celebrity Ascent
Continuing a long legacy of recognition by Wine Spectator, the following Celebrity Cruises restaurants are receiving Awards of Excellence for the 11th consecutive year:
- Opus on Celebrity Reflection
- Grand Cuvée on Celebrity Silhouette
- Grand Epernay on Celebrity Solstice
- Moonlight Sonata on Celebrity Eclipse
- Silhouette on Celebrity Equinox
- Cosmopolitan on Celebrity Summit
- Metropolitan on Celebrity Millennium
- San Marco on Celebrity Constellation
- Trellis on Celebrity Infinity
The wine program aboard Celebrity ships
Celebrity Cruises has one of the largest wine collections at sea, with over 500 selections from the world’s most sought-after wine areas and some of the most respected labels.
Aboard each ship, an experienced and knowledgeable team of sommeliers helps cruisers explore the selections and offers a variety of events that immerse passengers in wine education and enjoyment.
Celebrity’s World Wine Tours offer opportunities to sample different wines from across the globe and learn about regional and varietal technicalities, while the Destination Wine Tours immerse guests in beautiful regional wine-producing areas around the world, including winery tours and tastings.
The brand’s Food and Wine Pairing Workshops provide samples of contrasting pairings to teach the fundamentals of food and wine chemistry and how food and wine interact.
More news about Celebrity Cruises
- Celebrity Ascent Completes Sea Trials
- Celebrity Cancels Months of Sailings on Apex and Constellation
- Celebrity Cruises Will Begin Sailing Four Ships From Three Florida Ports
- Below Deck’s Sandy Yawn and Sister Michelle Dunham Chosen as Godmothers to Celebrity Ascent
- GolfAhoy Offering Hawaiian Golf Cruises on Celebrity Edge
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 18 Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards
Do you think Celebrity Cruises has the best wine lists at sea? What’s your favorite wine to sip on a Celebrity cruise—or what do you think they’re missing? I’d love to hear your opinion in the comments below!
- Celebrity Ascent Completes Sea Trials - October 3, 2023
- Princess Cruises Introduces Vegan Menus For Plant-Based Cruisers - October 2, 2023
- Holland America Line Installs SpaceX’s Starlink Internet Aboard More Than Half Its Fleet - October 2, 2023