The fourth ship in Celebrity’s Edge Series, Celebrity Ascent will be the newest ship to homeport in South Florida.
On June 13, 2023, Celebrity Cruises revealed details about what cruisers can expect aboard the brand’s newest resort at sea, Celebrity Ascent, when it debuts in November.
Celebrity is once again making waves with the arrival of its fourth Edge Series ship. With her inaugural voyage chosen as one of the “7 Best New U.S. Cruises of 2023” by Conde Nast Traveler, Celebrity Ascent will also be the newest ship based in South Florida for the 2023 – 2024 Caribbean season.
From December 2023 to April 2024 Ascent will cruise from Ft. Lauderdale’s Port Everglades to some of the Caribbean’s most popular destinations, including the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico, and the British Virgin Islands.
Related: What to Pack for a Caribbean Cruise
The new ship will then sail to Europe for a summer season of Mediterranean cruises visiting Greece, Italy, Turkey, Spain, and France.
What to expect aboard Celebrity Ascent
According to the cruise line, Celebrity Ascent will offer passengers the signature experiences of the brand’s Edge Series ships, including the industry-first outward-facing design that maximizes views and outdoor areas so passengers can connect with the world around them.
The new ship will also feature a robust food and beverage program with more than 30 options ranging from casual venues to fine dining restaurants.
Staterooms will be available in a variety of accommodation options that cater to all travelers—from solo adventurers to large family groups.
“I am so excited to introduce the world to Celebrity Ascent and continue the legacy of Celebrity’s Edge Series,” said Celebrity Cruises’ President, Laura Hodges Bethge, in a press release.
“First launched in 2018, the Edge Series transformed what cruising could be and its ships like Edge, Apex, and Beyond quickly became consumer favorites. Continuously striving to offer travelers a better way to enjoy travel and reach the world around them, we are so proud of what we have built and look forward to welcoming both seasoned and new cruisers alike,” Bethge continued.
New food and beverage experiences on Celebrity Ascent
Celebrity Ascent will take guests on a culinary journey that includes new experiences like a redesigned Le Voyage by Daniel Boulud restaurant. First featured on Celebrity Beyond, the brand will continue its partnership with Boulud and introduce his second restaurant at sea. The reimagined space will offer an intimate fine dining experience inspired by the chef’s travels.
The plant-based tasting menu at Eden Restaurant will bring guests closer to the earth through a culinary adventure rooted in fresh and seasonal ingredients.
Blu, the clean-cuisine restaurant exclusive to AquaClass guests will feature an outdoor terrace with 24-person seating available for daytime dining, from al fresco brunches to lunches. Le Petit Chef‘s crowd-favorite dinner experience will feature an all-new animation and menu to match.
A revitalized Main Dining experience will feature a redesigned Cosmopolitan restaurant inspired by the culture of Champagne.
Expanding on existing whiskey tastings on Cellebrity’s ships, Craft Social will now offer high-end bourbons and new tasting seminars.
Ascent will also offer more martinis at the Martini Bar! Aligning with the trend of low-sugar cocktails and fresh, crisp ingredients, the Martini Bar will feature brand-new creations and an expanded menu including lychee and passion fruit martinis.
New entertainment, art, and retail aboard Ascent
On Celebrity Ascent, cruisers will enjoy enhanced entertainment, art, and shopping options.
Celebrity is partnering with industry-leading creatives to introduce three spectacular new productions shows in The Theatre, new interactive digital experiences and shows in The Club, and new engaging immersive shows in the Eden Bar and Restaurant—all featuring world-class dancers, vocalists, musicians, and specialty artists.
As the sun sets each evening, the Resort Deck will serve as the nightlife focal point. The open-air celebration will include live performances, live music, and a DJ creating a pulsating dance floor.
In a first for Celebrity Cruises, Ascent will feature an all-new casino gaming floor complete with a new layout, a new design featuring deep reds and golds, and all-new slot machines with the latest technology.
The ship’s thoughtfully redesigned Art Gallery will allow guests to better experience priceless art pieces and enjoy exclusive auctions and art events.
Exclusively on board Celebrity Ascent, cruisers can shop the Sunset Collection by Nate Berkus, a collection of chic travel and home accessories.
Edge Series favorites return on Celebrity Ascent
Incorporating all the features that guests love on her Edge Series sister ships, Celebrity Ascent will bring back favorite signature experiences, including:
- The Theatre: Taking entertainment at sea to a new level with state-of-the-art technology and experiential, imaginative performances.
- The Rooftop Garden: The ultimate outdoor haven where guests can enjoy live music, movies, infinity float pools, and even al fresco dining at the Rooftop Garden Grill.
- The Spa: Where holistic wellness takes center stage through 120 destination-inspired treatments. The SEA Thermal Suite features eight distinctive therapeutic experiences inspired by nature, plus specialty treatment beds and a full-service salon and barber.
- The Resort Deck: Featuring a main pool lined with cabanas, two-story martini-glass-shaped hot tubs, and The Solarium, an adults-only, spa-inspired retreat built for relaxation—complete with pool, hot tub, and loungers.
- The Sunset Bar: Designed by Nate Berkus—where international beach club ambiance meets fresh sea breezes and endless views.
- The Magic Carpet: The world’s first cantilevered lounge and gathering space at sea sits on the edge of the ship, offering a new way to drink, dine and socialize while enjoying unobstructed panoramic views.
- The Grand Plaza and Martini Bar: With an interactive chandelier and jaw-dropping Flair, Flash, Fusion bartender shows.
Ascent will also bring back inventive culinary experiences, like the three-story Eden Bar and Restaurant featuring floor-to-ceiling views, and the fully immersive and animated Le Petit Chef dinner.
The new ship will feature Edge Series’ modern accommodation options, including the Infinite Veranda that transforms from window to terrace with the push of a button, and AquaClass staterooms packed with thoughtful design and exclusive amenities.
Setting sail on Celebrity Ascent
Ascent will sail in the Caribbean for her first winter season and then summer in Europe, with a wide range of dates and itinerary options suited to all types of cruisers.
To be among the first to experience Celebrity Ascent, you can book one of the Preview sailings such as the 4-Night Western Caribbean voyage on November 22, 2023, or the 3-Night Bahamas getaway on November 26, 2023.
Or, join the celebration by taking part in the ship’s 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Maiden Voyage on December 3, 2023.
Throughout the winter Caribbean season, Ascent will offer a series of weeklong cruises, including the 7-Night Bahamas, Mexico and Grand Cayman and the 7-Night San Juan, Tortola and St. Kitts itineraries.
To celebrate the festive season at sea, choose from the Holiday Cruise departing on December 24, or ring in 2024 on the New Year cruise departing on December 31, 2023.
Kick off the summer with the ultimate Mediterranean getaway on the 9-Night Italian Riviera and France itinerary, or cross Rome, Naples, Mykonos, and Santorini off your bucket list during the 12-Night Best of Greece and Italy sailing.
Ready to book a cruise on the new Celebrity Ascent? You can find the best Celebrity prices at CruiseDirect. Plus, they never charge a booking fee!
Latest news about Celebrity Cruises
- Celebrity Ascent Completes Sea Trials
- Celebrity Cancels Months of Sailings on Apex and Constellation
- Celebrity Cruises Will Begin Sailing Four Ships From Three Florida Ports
- Below Deck’s Sandy Yawn and Sister Michelle Dunham Chosen as Godmothers to Celebrity Ascent
- GolfAhoy Offering Hawaiian Golf Cruises on Celebrity Edge
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 18 Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards
What are your thoughts about the new details Celebrity revealed about the new Ascent? Have you sailed on an Edge class ship yet? I’d love to hear your opinion in the comments below!
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral - November 27, 2023
- Royal Caribbean Transatlantic Cruise Compass – Rhapsody of the Seas - November 26, 2023