Icon of the Seas will offer a host of bar and nightlife options, including new venues and returning favorites.
On March 28, 2023, Royal Caribbean unveiled more than 15 bars, lounges, and nightlife experiences on its upcoming ship, Icon of the Seas, set to debut in January 2024.
Cruisers on the new ship, which will be the first Icon Class ship and the largest in the world when launched, can enjoy new and returning hot spots. With something for every type of vacationer, Icon will offer live music, cocktail bars, comedy, nightclubs, and more for late-night entertainment.
What to expect with Icon of the Seas’ bars and nightlife venues
With the newly-revealed venues, part of more than 40 ways to dine, drink, and be entertained on Icon of the Seas, adult cruisers can partake in new experiences well into the evening.
Icon is debuting several brand firsts for Royal Caribbean, like Lou’s Jazz ‘n Blues in Central Park, Dueling Pianos in Royal Promenade, and spots to grab a drink and mingle including Rye & Bean coffee bar in AquaDome and the Bubbles champagne bar in Central Park.
Returning favorites have been updated as well, like Trellis Bar with its first-ever menu of small bites, and Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade which is adding more ways to have fun. The cruise line promises that every place will feature a “sense of new”—whether it’s a new look and location or signature cocktails exclusive to Icon.
“We’ve set out to introduce a new kind of vacation in every sense and taken a blank slate to create an unparalleled blend of ways vacationers can celebrate and make memories whatever their mood, vibe, and style,” said Linken D’Souza, VP of Food and Beverage for Royal Caribbean.
“From all-new venues and bolder favorites to new iconic drinks on every menu, zero-proof cocktails and twists to classics, there’s something for everyone to make the most of their nights out on Icon of the Seas,” D’Souza continued.
Bars + Lounges on Icon of the Seas
Royal Caribbean has announced that Icon of the Seas will offer five brand-new bars and lounges, along with several fan-favorite venues.
- Rye & Bean: This new coffee shop/bar hybrid will offer everything from classic coffees to espresso cocktails, with views of the entertainment in the AquaTheater at night.
- 1400 Lobby Bar: Inspired by the history of shipbuilding, this new bar features an ocean-facing terrace and sips developed with renowned mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim.
- Bubbles: A new walk-up Champagne window in Central Park for mimosas, prosecco, Bellini, and bottles of bubbly.
- Point & Feather: The new neighborhood English pub concept on Icon‘s Royal Promenade offers a new open layout, games, and dart tournaments. A live guitarist will be on hand to entertain while cruisers enjoy the venue’s signature lineup of pints.
- The Overlook and Overlook Pods: Icon‘s elevated lounge concept with “nooks at sea” will take nighttime relaxation to another level. These cozy pods are where friends can lounge with a drink, play classic board games, and kick back to live music.
Returning favorites will also have a makeover:
- Trellis Bar: The Central Park staple returns to Icon of the Seas with a new look and a debut menu of small plates.
- Schooner Bar: Royal Caribbean’s signature lounge features pianists setting the mood for pre-dinner drinks and nightcaps.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade: The fan-favorite sports bar serves up gameday bar fare and beers, while cruisers can catch their home teams on dozens of screens and play arcade and tabletop games.
For a sneak peek at the concept art for Icon‘s updated classic bars and lounges, click through the slideshow below:
Nightlife venues on Icon of the Seas
If your idea of nightlife is more interactive (think dancing, sing-along piano bars, karaoke, or winning in the casino), Icon‘s got you covered.
The new ship promises two fun new venues, along with updated versions of your favorite haunts.
- Dueling Pianos: Royal Caribbean’s first dueling pianos bar! Two talented pianists will take song requests to bring high-energy performances of crowd-favorite hits to the Royal Promenade.
- Lou’s Jazz ‘n Blues: Live performances of soulful classics and jazz-pop tunes will invite music lovers inside—or enjoy the tunes on a stroll during Jazz in the Park.
Updated favorite nightlife venues will include:
- The Attic: A comedy venue inspired by Manhattan’s dark and intimate clubs, featuring adults-only live shows.
- Music Hall: Cruisers can rock out to the ship’s cover bands with a revolving setlist of everything from jazz to rock.
- Casino Royale: Icon of the Seas‘ casino will offer as many as 30 table games and more than 370 slot machines.
- Boleros: The lively Latin-inspired live music dance club returns to the Royal Promenade with a new look.
- Spotlight Karaoke: Aspiring singers will have the chance to take the stage in front of the crowd—or in a private room with just family and friends.
To discover what Icon‘s updated nightlife venues will look like, click through the slideshow below:
Icon of the Seas’ debut itineraries
Starting in January 2024, Icon of the Seas will sail 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean vacations year-round from Miami. The new ship will visit ports including Royal Caribbean’s private island destination Perfect Day at CocoCay, Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Cozumel, Mexico; and Roatán, Honduras.
More details about Icon of the Seas will be revealed in the coming months, so be sure to subscribe to Should Be Cruising for all the latest cruise news!
Video: a first look at Icon of the Seas’ bars and nightlife
Latest news about Royal Caribbean
- Royal Caribbean Reveals Name of Next Icon Class Ship
- Royal Caribbean Reveals Adults-Only Hideaway Beach on Perfect Day at CocoCay
- Royal Caribbean and Inter Miami Announce Partnership
- Royal Caribbean Reveals Details About Utopia of the Seas
- Royal Caribbean Reveals Reimagined Dining on Icon of the Seas
- Royal Caribbean Reveals New Nightlife Options and Bars on Icon of the Seas
More resources for your Royal Caribbean cruise
- Royal Caribbean Casino Free Cruises – How to Get a Comped Cruise Plus Free Perks!
- How to Get Free Drinks in the Casino on Royal Caribbean – And More!
- Ultimate Guide To The Key on Royal Caribbean
Do you have a cruise booked already on Icon of the Seas or are you considering it? I’d love to hear what you think about Icon‘s bar and nightlife options—what are you looking forward to trying, and are there some old faves that you’ll miss on this new ship? Let me know in the comments below!
Liked this post? Pin it for later!
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral - November 27, 2023
- Royal Caribbean Transatlantic Cruise Compass – Rhapsody of the Seas - November 26, 2023