Princess Cruises and shipbuilder Fincantieri have agreed to postpone delivery of Sun Princess, the largest vessel ever built in Italy and the first ship of a groundbreaking new platform created specifically for the Princess brand.
The delay has resulted in the cancelation of Sun Princess‘ ten-day inaugural cruise, which was scheduled to depart from Barcelona on February 8th.
“We understand that this news is disappointing, and we share in that disappointment. We recognize the anticipation that surrounded this sailing, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this cancellation causes,” John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises, said in a press release.
The cruise line has stated that guests booked on the canceled maiden voyage will receive a full refund of the cruise fare and any pre-purchased onboard services. Affected cruisers will also receive a 50% future cruise credit (FCC) for a future Princess cruise. FCC must be booked by November 30, 2024 and sailed by December 31, 2025.
Guests also will receive up to $200 per person for air travel change fees.
The cruise line has also stated that it will be protecting travel agent commissions for the canceled sailing.
More news about Princess Cruises
- Princess Cruises Delays Delivery of Sun Princess and Cancels Inaugural Sailing
- Princess Cruises Announces Captains for Star Princess
- Princess Cruises’ Star Princess Keel Laying Marks Start of Construction
- Princess Cruises Will Debut Its Largest Casino Ever on New Sun Princess
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral
- Princess Cruises Changes Pricing Model to Favor Early Birds
Were you booked on the canceled inaugural voyage on Sun Princess? Do you think Princess Cruises has offered enough compensation for your canceled vacation? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
- Carnival’s New Celebration Key Will Feature Five Unique “Portals” - January 30, 2024
- Princess Cruises Delays Delivery of Sun Princess and Cancels Inaugural Sailing - January 24, 2024
- Mickey and Minnie Debut Bahamian-Inspired Outfits for Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point - January 24, 2024