Princess Cruises will be collaborating with Montréal’s Cirque Éloize to bring three original contemporary circus shows to Sun Princess.
Princess Cruises has announced a new collaboration with the renowned Cirque Éloize, bringing the Montréal-based entertainment troupe aboard its newest ship.
The partnership will see three new contemporary circus shows, performed on a rotating basis, once the new Sun Princess—the first of the Sphere Class ships—sets sail starting in early 2024.
Update! Princess has announced that Cirque Éloize performances will also be scheduled aboard Star Princess, Sun Princess‘ sister ship debuting in 2025.
About Cirque Éloize
A leader in the contemporary circus arts since 1993, Québec’s Cirque Éloize is well-known in the entertainment world for creating enchanting content.
Combining music, dance, acrobatics, tech, and theater elements, the company stages modern shows to enthrall today’s audiences.
Cirque Éloize’s creations—including the acclaimed shows Rain, iD, Cirkopolis, Saloon, HOTEL, and Serge Fiori, Seul Ensemble—have been enjoyed by more than five million spectators in over 580 cities around the world.
Cruisers will experience Cirque Éloize inside The Dome
The new Cirque Éloize performances are being specially created for The Dome, a new top-deck, multi-level entertainment venue debuting for the first time onboard Sun Princess.
In a press release, Princess shared that the stunning venue combined with the magnificent performances will deliver emotion, color, and music to create world-class and unforgettable entertainment.
The glass-roofed Dome will offer natural sky views both during the day and at night. Princess shared that the new performance space will feature state-of-the-art lighting effects and a hidden stage to deliver the perfect setting for the three circus shows.
“The Dome is a transformational space that creates a stunning vista with sweeping views of the ocean and creates an unprecedented setting to stage avant-garde spectaculars that will absolutely fascinate our guests,” said Francois Leroux, Princess’ Senior Vice President, Creative Design and Entertainment.
“We’re thrilled to bring this collaboration with Cirque Éloize to life with three original shows, created specifically for this innovative and spectacular space on our next-generation Sun Princess,” Leroux continued.
What to expect from Cirque Éloize on Sun Princess
Cirque Éloize is creating three unique 20- to 30-minute shows which will rotate in The Dome on Sun Princess.
Each performance will incorporate the disciplines of aerial hoops, aerial pole, bungee, Cyr wheel, silks, contortion, and more.
As of May 2023, the three planned shows are:
- Blue: “A journey into the magical space between ocean and sky where the spirit of love leads the artists through time and space highlighting both the real and the surreal bringing them to realize that no matter how far they go, the spirit of love is always with them.”
- Come Fly Away: Evoking “notions of the 1950s-era Rat Pack and the vibrancy of love. A whimsical retro spectacle in which the bandleader—aided and abetted by his ensemble of misfits—falls head over heels for an audience member. It’s a celebration of the lost art of the chase in which all are willing participants.”
- Artbeat: Celebrating “the beauty and joy of living life in full color. A kaleidoscope of characters work together in perfect harmony, each contributing their talents to create a truly beautiful masterpiece, reflective of the vibrant heartbeat of the performers and the audience alike.”
All Cirque Éloize performances will be complimentary and available to Sun Princess guests on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sun Princess will debut in early 2024
Under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard in Italy, the 175,500-ton, 4,300-guest Sun Princess is the first of the cruise line’s new Sphere Class of ships. The vessel will offer an array of exciting new culinary, entertainment, and activity offerings, as well as luxurious staterooms and suites across a broad spectrum of categories.
With the most balconies on any Princess ship, most Sun Princess guests will be able to enjoy the sunshine and crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean and Caribbean from the comfort of their staterooms.
Inaugural 2024 Sun Princess cruises to the Mediterranean, Europe, and the Caribbean are on sale now.
Latest Princess Cruises news
- Princess Cruises Will Debut Its Largest Casino Ever on New Sun Princess
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral
- Princess Cruises Changes Pricing Model to Favor Early Birds
- Princess Cruises Will Partner With World’s Most Famous Butcher Dario Cecchini on Sun Princess
- Princess Cruises Unveils Spellbound by Magic Castle on Sun Princess
- Princess Cruises Introduces Vegan Menus For Plant-Based Cruisers
More resources for your Princess cruise
- 21 Princess Cruise Tips You Need to Know
- Princess Plus on Princess Cruises: Can it Save You Money?
- Princess Premier Cruise Package on Princess Cruises
- Princess Cruises Drink Packages: The Ultimate Guide
Are you excited to see the Cirque Éloize performances aboard Sun Princess? What’s your favorite kind of entertainment aboard Princess ships? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
- Viking’s Newest Ship Viking Vela Floats Out - November 30, 2023
- Princess Cruises Will Debut Its Largest Casino Ever on New Sun Princess - November 28, 2023
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023