Princess has made a dramatic pricing change, along with introducing a new price guarantee program and lower fares for third and fourth guests.
Princess Cruises has disclosed a significant change in its pricing policy, guaranteeing that early birds get the best deals on cruise fares.
The announcement is a departure from the long-standing cruise industry model that usually offers price reductions closer to departure. The cruise line shared that prices for Princess’ 2024 and 2025 sailings are at their absolute lowest rates, and they will rise going forward.
The pricing policy change comes several months after the cruise line introduced a controversial change to its included amenities—a move that angered many cruisers who prefer to sail on Princess Standard fares.
“A Princess cruise vacation is the best value in travel, but with continuing increases in consumer demand our new pricing approach will always reward guests who lock in their Princess vacations well in advance,” said Terry Thorton, the brand’s chief commercial officer.
“Gone are the days of last-minute deep discounts close to departure dates. The best time to secure a spot on a 2024 or 2025 Princess cruise is right now,” Thornton continued in a press release.
Princess Cruises introduces Best Price Guarantee
Along with the fare announcement, Princess is also introducing its Best Price Guarantee program. Princess Cruises promises to match any lower price found for the same voyage and cabin category.
If a cruiser hasn’t decided on which cruise to take, Princess Promotions will allow them to secure today’s pricing for a future vacation without locking in a specific date or itinerary.
Fare reductions for third and fourth guests
Princess has also announced lower fares for third and fourth guests sharing a stateroom, allowing families and friends traveling together to save money.
For example, four guests who choose to share a balcony stateroom on a 7-day Regal Princess Caribbean cruise departing on March 17 from Galveston can now book for as low as $600 on average per person—or $86 per person, per day (prices subject to change).
To find the best cruise fares on Princess, I always recommend booking through CruiseDirect. They offer exclusive perks and never charge a booking fee.
More news about Princess Cruises
- Princess Cruises Will Debut Its Largest Casino Ever on New Sun Princess
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral
- Princess Cruises Changes Pricing Model to Favor Early Birds
- Princess Cruises Will Partner With World’s Most Famous Butcher Dario Cecchini on Sun Princess
- Princess Cruises Unveils Spellbound by Magic Castle on Sun Princess
- Princess Cruises Introduces Vegan Menus For Plant-Based Cruisers
What do you think about Princess Cruises’ new pricing model? Do you book cruises early or last minute? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
- Viking’s Newest Ship Viking Vela Floats Out - November 30, 2023
- Princess Cruises Will Debut Its Largest Casino Ever on New Sun Princess - November 28, 2023
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023