2025 Europe cruises on HAL feature 62 overnight or late-night departures, two ships homeporting from Rotterdam, and a 28-day voyage to Greenland, Iceland, and the Arctic Circle.
Holland America Line’s 2025 European season is now open for booking, and cruisers will have the chance to choose from more diverse and destination-focused itineraries.
With an increase in 10+ day voyages, additional Iceland sailings, and a total of 62 late-night departures or overnight calls in key European cities, Holland America is aiming to allow travelers to immerse themselves in the region’s culture, history, and landscapes.
Rotterdam, the Netherlands, will reopen as a homeport for HAL in 2025, with the ships Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam sailing roundtrip to Northern Europe and the Baltic.
The cruise line is also offering more itineraries in 2025 to trending destinations including the Holy Land, Iberia, and Iceland.
A new 28-day Arctic Circle Crossing Legendary Voyage with five calls in Greenland will highlight the magnificent backdrop of the country’s glaciers and wildlife, and also includes stops in Iceland, Norway’s North Cape, and Scotland.
“For Holland America Line, Europe 2025 is all about longer cruises, extended time in port, and offering the most diverse range of itineraries from weeklong vacations to monthlong explorations,” said Beth Bodensteiner, chief commercial officer of Holland America Line.
“We have 10 departure cities this season, and we are excited to be back homeporting in Rotterdam with two ships, deepening our connection to our founding city. Anyone looking to explore Europe in-depth will be able to find a Holland America Line cruise tailored to their interests, whether it’s beach, history, nature, architecture, fjords, castles, or cuisine,” Bodensteiner continued in a press release.
Holland America’s 2025 Europe itineraries
Oosterdam will join Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam for a full season in Europe from April to November 2025, while Zuiderdam will sail the popular 35-day Voyage of the Vikings. The port-intensive itineraries range from seven to 42 days and are meant to immerse guests in the destination.
Cruises will visit the Baltic Sea, the British Isles, the Canary Islands, the French and Spanish Rivieras, Israel, the Mediterranean, and Northern Europe—including Iceland, Greenland, and Norway.
Highlights of Holland America Line’s 2025 Europe cruise season include:
- Ten departure cities, including Rotterdam and Amsterdam, the Netherlands; Barcelona, Spain; Boston, Massachusetts; Civitavecchia (Rome) and Trieste (Venice), Italy; Dover (London), England; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Reykjavík, Iceland; and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Eleven overnight ports: Alexandria, Egypt; Barcelona, Spain; Haifa (Tel Aviv), Israel; Istanbul, Türkiye; Newhaven (Edinburgh), Scotland; Reykjavík, Iceland; Piraeus (Athens) and Rhodes, Greece; Stockholm, Sweden; Trieste (Venice), Italy; and Valletta, Malta.
During the season, Holland America will offer 32 ports with late-evening departures (between 10 PM and midnight):
- Ålesund, Norway
- Ashdod (Jerusalem) and Haifa (Tel Aviv), Israel
- Barcelona and Málaga, Spain
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Cannes, France
- Civitavecchia (Rome), Portoferraio, Portofino and Trieste (Venice), Italy
- Dubrovnik and Korcula, Croatia
- Dún Laoghaire (Dublin), Ireland
- Funchal, Madeira
- Greenock (Glasgow) and South Queensferry (Edinburgh), Scotland
- Kotor, Montenegro
- Kuşadasi, Türkiye
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Liverpool and Portland (Weymouth), England
- Kerkira (Corfu) and Mykonos, Greece
- Port Said (Cairo), Egypt
- Reykjavík, Iceland
- St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada
- Tallinn, Estonia
- Valletta, Malta
- Warnemunde (Berlin), Germany.
Also new for 2025, Holland America is adding 10 roundtrip Dover itineraries aboard Nieuw Statendam ranging from 14 to 28 days, offering a convenient embarkation homeport for British guests.
Rotterdam will return to Northern Europe in 2025 cruising out of its namesake city with roundtrip sailings from Rotterdam, including:
- Seven-day Norway and Denmark; Norwegian Fjords
- Seven- or 14-day Norway and Scotland
- Seven-day between Rotterdam and Reykjavík to Norway and Iceland
- 14-day Norway, Denmark, Germany, Lithuania, Estonia and Sweden
- 14-day Norway, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, and Sweden
Nieuw Statendam offers Northern Europe cruises to the Baltic, British Isles, Norway up to the North Cape, and the Northern Isles of Scotland and Iceland. 2025 itineraries range from 14 to 28 days and sail roundtrip from Rotterdam.
Highlights include a new Legendary Voyage—a 28-day Arctic Circle Crossing departing June 29, 2025 roundtrip from Rotterdam. The cruise features 15 ports in Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Scotland, and England, passage through the Arctic Circle to the North Cape, scenic cruising through Iceland’s fjords, and four maiden calls in Greenland: Ittoqqortoormiit, Sisimiut, Ilulissat, and Nuuk.
Nieuw Statendam‘s 14-Day Arctic Circle Crossing: Edinburgh Evening Stay will sail roundtrip from Rotterdam. Highlights of the cruise include spending Summer Solstice at the North Cape with 24 hours of sunlight, along with a total of five calls in Norway. This cruise also will visit the Shetland Islands, England, and Scotland, with a late-night departure from Edinburgh.
Oosterdam will sail the entire 2025 Europe season in the Mediterranean on cruises from four homeports: Piraeus (Athens), Barcelona, Civitavecchia (Rome), and Trieste (Venice).
Itineraries range from seven to 14 days and cruise the eastern and western Mediterranean, including Albania, Croatia, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Malta, Montenegro, Spain, Tunisia, and Türkiye.
Nieuw Statendam will sail 14-day cruises between Barcelona, Civitavecchia (Rome), and Piraeus (Athens), and roundtrip from Piraeus. These itineraries will head to the eastern Mediterranean, including Italy, Egypt, Türkiye, Croatia, Malta, Montenegro, and Greece.
The ship will explore the Holy Land in October 2025 on a 14-day cruise roundtrip from Piraeus, visiting Cyprus, Israel, Türkiye, and Greece, with overnights at Haifa and Rhodes.
Nieuw Statendam will also visit the Canary Islands on a 14-day Canary Island Enchantment with Morocco & Portugal cruise from Rotterdam departing April 20, 2025, including ports in Morocco, Madeira, Portugal, and England.
Holland America’s popular Voyage of the Vikings returns for 2025 aboard Zuiderdam. Departing July 19, the 35-day adventure will sail roundtrip from Boston, calling at ports in Maine, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Norway.
The itinerary also is offered in 17- and 18-day segments from Boston to Rotterdam or from Rotterdam to Boston.
In April, Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam will cross the Atlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Rotterdam, while Oosterdam will sail from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona.
In October and November Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam, and Oosterdam will embark on westbound transatlantics, sailing to Fort Lauderdale via Civitavecchia, Rotterdam, and Barcelona, respectively.
HAL’s 2025 Collectors’ Voyages will combine non-repeating itineraries
Many of Holland America’s 2025 Europe cruises can be extended into Collectors’ Voyages for a longer European adventure.
By combining two seven-day itineraries, a seven- and 14-day cruise, or lengthier non-repeating voyages, cruisers can sail up to 42 days on back-to-back sailings without repeating an itinerary.
Holland America’s ‘Have It All’ early booking bonus
For a limited time, when guests book a Holland America 2025 Europe cruise with the Have It All premium package, they’ll receive the standard package amenities of shore excursions, and specialty dining, along with free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi.
Current Have It All fares for Europe 2025 sailings range from $1,449 to $8,749 per person, double occupancy (fares depend on length of cruise and destination, and don’t include taxes, fees, and port expenses).
Returning HAL cruisers can also take advantage of the cruise line’s exclusive Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus. Mariner Society loyalty members can enjoy up to $400 onboard credit per stateroom. Guests must book these cruises by November 15, 2023 to receive the booking bonus.
Click here to book your Holland America 2025 Europe cruise.
More news about Holland America Line
- Holland America Line Launches Global Fresh Fish Program
- Holland America Line’s 2025 Europe Season Focuses on Longer Cruises and More Overnight Stays
- Holland America Introduces National Geographic Day Tours on Mediterranean Cruises
- Holland America Expands Alaska Up Close Program
- Holland America Debuts Refreshed Menu at Canaletto
- Holland America Line Installs SpaceX’s Starlink Wi-Fi on First Ship in Alaska
Have you cruised with Holland America in Europe? Do you prefer shorter cruises or longer sailings? Let me know in the comments below!
- Azamara Announces 2026 World Cruise on Azamara Onward - September 26, 2023
- Carnival Legend Will Homeport in Galveston in 2025 - September 21, 2023
- Cunard Announces Three-Year Partnership with British Film Institute for Queen Anne - September 21, 2023