Cruise line Holland America has upgraded to Starlink internet aboard six ships, with installation scheduled for the rest of the fleet by the end of 2023.
Holland America Line is more than halfway done switching its 11-ship fleet’s internet to Starlink by SpaceX. Koningsdam was the first ship to obtain this next-generation tech, and now Oosterdam, Volendam, Westerdam, Zaandam, and Zuiderdam all feature Starlink high-speed WiFi on board.
The cruise line joins a growing list of Carnival Corporation brands—including Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, and Cunard—who have been installing Starlink internet aboard their ships.
Starlink is the industry leader in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite technology, providing high-speed internet to customers all over the world. Holland America ships have cruised through Alaska, the Mediterranean, and Canada since receiving Starlink internet, with positive guest and crew reviews on the Wi-Fi performance.
“Our goal is to continue keeping all guests connected to the internet to share their memorable experiences, and to allow our team members to stay in touch with their loved ones back home,” said Kathleen Erickson, VP of technology for Holland America Line.
“It’s important we stay up to date with evolving technology to ensure the best experience for everyone stepping foot on our ships,” Erickson continued in a press release.
With the addition of Starlink to HAL’s fleet, passengers and crew members will have access to faster internet in all weather conditions and locations. The improvement has made it easier to stay in touch with friends and family all across the world, and allows professional communications for guests who can’t leave the office behind.
Holland America is planning to have Starlink internet installed on the remaining five ships in the fleet—Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Noordam, and Rotterdam—by mid-December 2023.
More Holland America news
- Holland America Line Installs SpaceX’s Starlink Internet Aboard More Than Half Its Fleet
- Holland America Completes Shore Power Connectivity Installation Fleetwide
- Holland America Line Launches Global Fresh Fish Program
- Holland America Line’s 2025 Europe Season Focuses on Longer Cruises and More Overnight Stays
- Holland America Introduces National Geographic Day Tours on Mediterranean Cruises
- Holland America Expands Alaska Up Close Program
Have you sailed on a Holland America ship with Starlink WiFi? How did the promise of faster internet at sea deliver? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral - November 27, 2023
- Royal Caribbean Transatlantic Cruise Compass – Rhapsody of the Seas - November 26, 2023