Cunard Line will partner with famed chef Michel Roux to create menus for its upcoming ship Queen Anne.
Luxury cruise line Cunard has announced an exclusive partnership with Michel Roux, chef patron at the two-Michelin-star Le Gavroche in London.
Chef Michel will be working alongside Cunard’s culinary development chefs to create an exclusive gala menu for the Queens Grill restaurant on the line’s upcoming ship Queen Anne, plus a new menu for Cunard’s fleet-wide pub, the Golden Lion.
The new pub menu will feature a selection of reimagined guest favorites and will debut on Queen Anne in May 2024. The company plans to add the menu to the entire fleet later in the year.
“It is an absolute privilege to be working with Cunard’s hugely talented and passionate culinary development chefs as we countdown to the launch of their newest ship Queen Anne,” Roux said in a press release.
“For me, there is no better recipe than blending high-quality ingredients with elegant execution to create unforgettable experiences for diners, and I am incredibly excited to showcase our elevated, reimagined pub classics to Cunard guests very soon,” he continued.
About Chef Michel Roux
Legendary chef Michel Roux is the chef patron at London’s venerable French haute cuisine restaurant Le Gavroche, established in 1967 and the first UK restaurant to earn a Michelin star.
During his 40-year career, Roux has opened multiple restaurants including Roux at Parliament Square, and has worked as a consultant for two restaurants at The Langham, including The Wigmore.
After deciding to follow in his father Albert Roux OBE’s footsteps, Michel left school and entered into the first of several apprenticeships, working with maître pâtissier Henri Hellegouarch in Paris. He was then commis de cuisine at Alain Chapel’s signature restaurant Mionay, which he cites as his biggest influence.
Roux has also worked at Boucherie Lamartineane and Charcuterie Mothu in Paris and the Gavers Restaurant in London.
Chef Michel is also the author of several cookbooks, including the upcoming Michel Roux at Home.
Related: Cunard Ships by Age, Size, and Class
More news about Cunard
- Theatre Producer David Pugh Will Bring West End to Queen Anne
- Cunard Announces Three-Year Partnership with British Film Institute for Queen Anne
- Cunard Announces New 2025 Program for Queen Anne, Queen Mary 2, and Queen Victoria
- Cunard Rolling Out SpaceX’s Starlink Wi-Fi Across Its Fleet
- Cunard Enables Shore Power Capability Across the Fleet
- Cunard Previews New Dining Venues Aboard Queen Anne
What do you think about Cunard’s new partnership with Chef Michel Roux? Do you enjoy the current menus at the Queens Grill and Golden Lion, or is it time for an update? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
- Carnival’s New Celebration Key Will Feature Five Unique “Portals” - January 30, 2024
- Princess Cruises Delays Delivery of Sun Princess and Cancels Inaugural Sailing - January 24, 2024
- Mickey and Minnie Debut Bahamian-Inspired Outfits for Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point - January 24, 2024