Carnival will debut new Main Dining Room menus aboard Carnival Dream this summer, with a fleetwide rollout this fall.
Foodie cruisers have something exciting to look forward to as Carnival Cruise Line announces its plan to revamp the main dining room menu. In a recent press release, Carnival unveiled some details about the changes aimed at elevating the dining experience aboard its fleet.
What’s changing with Carnival’s new MDR menu
The cruise line has promised to offer more variety in the main dining room, with nearly 60 new entrées on rotation. Carnival will also include selections from its popular specialty dining restaurants on the MDR menus.
A common complaint I hear on Carnival cruises is that portions tend to be on the smaller side. According to Carnival, chefs will be addressing this issue with the new menu, and certain main courses likely will also be offered with larger portion sizes.
Vegetarians will also have more options in the main dining room, with additional choices including entrée salads.
Carnival didn’t release specific details of what new dishes will appear on the updated menu, or what might be disappearing. However, the cruise line’s brand ambassador John Heald has promised to post scans of the MDR menus on his Facebook page as the pilot program rolls out on Carnival Dream.
Chef Emeril has been an important part of planning Carnival’s new menu
Carnival’s culinary team has been working closely with Chief Culinary Officer Emeril Lagasse, evaluating the current main dining room options and planning the new menu.
Celebrity chef Lagasse was named Carnival’s Chief Culinary Officer in December 2022, following his successful partnership with the cruise line for his shipboard restaurant Emeril’s Bistro.
Carnival’s new main dining menu will debut on Carnival Dream
Starting on June 17, 2023, Carnival will pilot the new MDR menu aboard the Carnival Dream. The cruise line expects to roll out the new menu fleetwide starting this fall.
More news about Carnival Cruise Line
- Carnival Freedom Will Get Replacement “Whale Tail” Funnel
- Carnival Spirit Begins Cruising From Mobile
- Carnival Cruise Line Expands West Coast Cruise Options From Long Beach
- Carnival Cruise Line Opens Itineraries Featuring New Celebration Key
- Carnival Legend Will Homeport in Galveston in 2025
- Carnival Ships Will Begin Visiting Celebration Key in July 2025
If you’ve cruised Carnival before, what did you think about the main dining room menus? Are you looking forward to the new changes? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
- Viking’s Newest Ship Viking Vela Floats Out - November 30, 2023
- Princess Cruises Will Debut Its Largest Casino Ever on New Sun Princess - November 28, 2023
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023