Small-ship brand American Cruise Lines is unveiling two new ships and nine new itineraries for 2024, including immersive US National Parks cruises.
American Cruise Lines is gearing up for an exciting 2024 season that promises new cruise itineraries and the introduction of two state-of-the-art small ships.
In 2024, American Cruise Lines will debut two new small ships, American Liberty and American Legend, to join their growing fleet of 19 small ships and riverboats. These 100-passenger Coastal Cats will provide cruisers with opportunities to explore the picturesque New England coastline, the Chesapeake Bay, the Hudson River, and the scenic shores of Florida.
The new additions continue the brand’s commitment to offering intimate and personalized cruise experiences, accommodating just 90-180 guests per ship.
American Cruise Lines is also introducing nine new cruise itineraries for 2024, including the all-new US National Parks cruises. These itineraries will let travelers immerse themselves in the natural wonders of the United States, offering a unique perspective on the country’s incredible landscapes.
American Cruise Lines’ US National Parks Cruises
The US National Parks cruises are designed to connect cruisers with some of America’s most iconic natural treasures. Here’s a glimpse of what to expect:
- 18-Day Grand Alaska National Parks: This journey includes an 11-day Alaska cruise and 7 days of guided exploration in Denali and Kenai Fjords National Parks, as well as cruising in Glacier Bay National Park, the Inside Passage, and Frederick Sound. It’s an adventure that starts in Fairbanks, Alaska and concludes in Juneau.
- 15-Day Alaska National Parks: This itinerary combines an 8-day Alaska cruise with 7 days of guided exploration in Denali and Kenai Fjords National Parks and cruising in Glacier Bay National Park. It’s available from Fairbanks to Juneau.
- 11-Day Great Smoky Mountains National Park: Travelers will enjoy a cruise on the Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers and spend 2 days exploring the beauty of Great Smoky National Park. This itinerary is available in both directions from Knoxville or Nashville.
- 15-Day National Parks & Legendary Rivers: This unique cruise includes an 8-day voyage on the Columbia and Snake Rivers and 7 days of guided exploration in three National Parks: Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton. Starting from both Jackson, Wyoming and Portland, Oregon, this itinerary provides an in-depth exploration of America’s Western beauty.
Exploring the US by cruise ship
In addition to the US National Parks cruises, American Cruise Lines will offer a variety of other cruise options. These include an 8-day Florida Gulf Coast & Keys cruise with excursions in Dry Tortugas National Park and Everglades National Park, Puget Sound cruises with excursions in Olympic National Park & Hurricane Ridge, and three different New England cruises with excursions in Acadia National Park.
For those seeking a truly immersive experience, American Cruise Lines is offering two historic cruises in 2024 that are the longest river cruise itineraries in US history. The 60-Day Great United States itinerary explores 20 US states, while the 35-Day Civil War Battlefields cruise delves into 20 Civil War battlefields, each involving exploration aboard three or more of American’s small ships and riverboats.
ACL announces new US departure ports for 2024
American Cruise Lines continues to expand its offerings, including departures from new US ports. The company will offer 11-Day American Revolution Cruises on the Chesapeake Bay, roundtrip from Washington DC, marking the first cruise line to dock in the nation’s capital in over 65 years.
In addition, American will begin offering its 15-Day Grand New England cruises, 11-Day New England Explorer cruises, and 8-Day Cape Codder cruises—all roundtrip from Boston—providing even more options to embark on your dream cruise.
What to expect aboard American Cruise Lines
American Cruise Lines prides itself on offering an all-inclusive onboard experience for its guests. This means travelers can expect complimentary onboard enrichment and entertainment, fine cuisine, wine and beer with both lunch and dinner, and a festive cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres each evening.
Most ships also include complimentary alternative casual dining, breakfast room service, and Starlink Wi-Fi. Port charges and fees as well as tips and gratuities are also included for 2024 sailings.
Many of American’s cruises also include complimentary pre-cruise hotel stays, as well as extended pre-cruise packages. All the company’s River and Coastal cruises also offer domestic flat-rate airfare.
More news from the world of cruising
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral
- Oceania Marina Will Undergo Extensive Refurbishment in May 2024
- Theatre Producer David Pugh Will Bring West End to Queen Anne
- Princess Cruises Changes Pricing Model to Favor Early Birds
- Princess Cruises Will Partner With World’s Most Famous Butcher Dario Cecchini on Sun Princess
What are your thoughts about American Cruise Lines’ new ships and itineraries for 2024? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral - November 27, 2023
- Royal Caribbean Transatlantic Cruise Compass – Rhapsody of the Seas - November 26, 2023