Explora I, the first ship from new luxury cruise line Explora Journeys, has departed on her inaugural sailing from Copenhagen to Reykjavik.
The first ship from new cruise line Explora Journeys departed from Copenhagen in Denmark for a seven-night sailing to Reykjavik in Iceland with visits en route to Lerwick, the Shetland Islands, and Kirkwall, Orkney.
This northern European adventure, the first in a series of itineraries for Explora I spanning three continents, has been created to emphasize the brand’s ‘Ocean State of Mind’ philosophy. Explora Journeys will aim to provide immersive experiences that reward guests physically, intellectually, and spiritually.
“It is our absolute honour to welcome the very first guests onboard our extraordinary ship and share this special moment with them as we embark on the maiden journey of EXPLORA I from Copenhagen,” said Michael Ungerer, CEO of Explora Journeys.
“Our guests will be able to experience the very best European hospitality at sea and our vibrant, cosmopolitan sense of luxury, while discovering some of the world’s most remarkable destinations. A new era of transformative luxury ocean travel begins now with the first sailing of EXPLORA I,” Ungerer continued in a press release.
The ship’s inaugural festivities held in Copenhagen on August 1, 2023 included the traditional crest exchange, a maritime tradition to celebrate a ship’s first visit to a destination.
On board with Ungerer and Explora I‘s master Captain Serena Melani were Johan Hoganfalt, Deputy Port Captain; Sune Christensen, Chief Commercial Officer of Copenhagen Malmö Port; and Klaus Bondam, Director of Cruise Baltic and Cruise Copenhagen.
Explora I will also call at the port of Copenhagen later in August, during a sailing to Hamburg, Germany.
The luxury ship will spend several weeks in Northern Europe to offer a range of different itineraries and will then cross the Atlantic to spend the winter in North America before returning to Europe in the summer of 2024 for voyages in the Mediterranean Sea.
The brand’s next ship, Explora II, is currently being built in Italy and will come into service in August 2024.
Explora III will become the first of two LNG (liquefied natural gas) powered vessels to join the Explora Journeys fleet, with the ship due to be delivered in 2026 followed by Explora IV in 2027.
More news from the world of cruising
- Celebrity Ascent Completes Sea Trials
- Princess Cruises Introduces Vegan Menus For Plant-Based Cruisers
- Holland America Line Installs SpaceX’s Starlink Internet Aboard More Than Half Its Fleet
- Carnival Cruise Line Opens Itineraries Featuring New Celebration Key
- Holland America Completes Shore Power Connectivity Installation Fleetwide
- Princess Cruises Shares First Look at Dining Options on Sun Princess
Have you considered trying the new luxury cruise line Explora Journeys? Let me know in the comments below!
- Celebrity Ascent Completes Sea Trials - October 3, 2023
- Princess Cruises Introduces Vegan Menus For Plant-Based Cruisers - October 2, 2023
- Holland America Line Installs SpaceX’s Starlink Internet Aboard More Than Half Its Fleet - October 2, 2023