Luxury cruise line Crystal has officially relaunched with the return to service of Crystal Serenity, the first of the brand’s two ships setting sail again this summer.
Crystal, the ultra-luxury cruise line which shut down in early 2022 amidst the bankruptcy of its parent company Genting, has begun cruising again.
Under the new guardianship of AK Travel Group, Crystal Serenity set sail from Marseille on July 31, 2023, following a multimillion-dollar refurbishment. Serenity, the cruise line’s largest vessel, accommodates 740 guests.
The company’s other remaining ship Crystal Symphony will also begin sailing on itineraries around the globe starting this summer.
Crystal Serenity‘s sister ship is currently undergoing renovations and will resume service for its inaugural voyage in Athens on September 1.
“Crystal has been recognized for decades for exceptional experiences and we are excited to welcome guests back onboard for its new gilded era,” said AK Travel Group CEO Cristina Levis.
“In just one year, we’ve been able to revitalize the ships, a feat nearly unheard of in our industry. It is an honor to be signaling this new chapter better than ever and right on schedule all while retaining 80 of Crystal’s beloved crew on board,” Levis continued in a press release.
Just before Crystal Serenity‘s relaunch, the CEO also announced that Crystal plans to build four new ships—two expedition vessels and two classic cruise ships—by 2029.
Serenity’s 2023-2024 itineraries
After Crystal Serenity‘s first voyage from Marseille to Lisbon, the ship will head to Northern Europe to explore the UK, Ireland, and Iceland.
Serenity then sails to the Americas—offering experiences as far north as Canada to as south as Cartagena, Colombia—before beginning the 125-night 2024 World Cruise. Sailing from San Diego or Miami, this highly-anticipated voyage will visit 29 countries and 62 ports.
Crystal Serenity’s guest rooms and suites
Crystal recruited the help of premier cruise ship architectural firm GEM to renovate select staterooms and suites. The cruise line boasts that the expansive layouts optimize in-room relaxation, featuring neutral and pastel tones, elevated details, and artisanal finishes.
As part of the ship’s makeover, two new guest room types have been added: the Single Guest Room with Ocean View (which provides an option for solo cruisers without the need to pay additional single supplements) and the Junior Crystal Penthouse Suite. These additional room types also increase the availability of the popular Sapphire Suite category.
Guest rooms on Crystal Serenity include:
- Single Guest Room with Ocean View: A cozy solo cabin (up to 215 sq ft) redesigned in 2023 with welcoming and comfortable details, butler service, and ocean views.
- Sapphire Veranda Suite: A spacious suite (up to 430 sq ft) with a living area, elegant finishings, and a private veranda, accompanied by butler service. Sapphire Suites are available to book in both new and classic designs.
- Junior Crystal Penthouse Suite: Redesigned in 2023, this large suite (up to 645 sq ft) includes spacious rooms with separate dining and living areas looking onto a private veranda. These suites also feature butler service.
Dining aboard Crystal Serenity
With eleven distinct dining options including 24-hour in-suite dining service, guests on Crystal Serenity will have access to a wide range of culinary experiences.
The relaunch heralds the return of legendary Master Chef Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa’s Umi Uma, the only Nobu dining concept at sea where guests can enjoy award-winning and innovative Japanese-Peruvian fusion cuisine.
Other dining experiences on the ship include:
- Osteria D’Ovidio: Fine Italian cuisine featuring original menus and dishes created by talented Crystal chefs
- Waterside Restaurant: Crystal’s main dining room with open seating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- The Bistro: A modern café and coffee bar with light snacks such as fresh pastries, bagels, and fruit in the morning and a selection of international cheeses, pâtés, prosciutto, smoked salmon, and desserts throughout the afternoon
- Trident Grill: Set poolside, Trident Grill offers classic casual food like burgers, melts, salads, and more
- Scoops Ice Cream Bar: Crystal’s sumptuous dessert bar features authentic Italian gelato with fresh toppings, frozen yogurt, and homemade cookies
- The Vintage Room: Offers intimate guided pairings and dinners highlighting the vast selection of wines in the ship’s onboard cellar
- Tastes Kitchen & Bar: A casual family-style dining experience with globally inspired cuisine, Tastes offers tapas-style small plates perfect for sharing
- Marketplace: A buffet-style venue wrapped in floor-to-ceiling windows and a chic open-air dining area
Wellness offerings on Crystal Serenity
Crystal’s new spa concept Aurōra is rolling out on Serenity, with a new design boasting light and bright neutral colors, an illuminated fiber optic starlight ceiling, organic materials, and a natural salt crystal and silk brushed slate stone.
The spa’s extensive treatment offerings include more signature facials, massage treatments, and a full-service salon. Highlights include:
- The Aurōra LED and Cryo Facial Experience to plump and tone the skin
- Biotec 2.0 The Ultimate Facial designed to reveal a youthful appearance after just one treatment
- The Aurōra Stone Signature Massage which incorporates hot stones for relaxed muscles
Crystal also recently announced the appointment of Dalila Roglieri as Head Nutritionist for the brand, rounding out the holistic wellness experience for guests.
More news about Crystal Cruises
- Crystal Announces 2025 World Cruise Aboard Crystal Serenity
- Crystal Announces Plans for Four New Ships
- Crystal Serenity Returns To Service
- Crystal Cruises Announces Return of UMI UMA Restaurant by Nobu Matsuhisa
- Crystal Cruises Will Relaunch in Summer 2023
Are you considering a cruise on the relaunched Crystal Serenity? Which itinerary will you choose? i’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral - November 27, 2023
- Royal Caribbean Transatlantic Cruise Compass – Rhapsody of the Seas - November 26, 2023