One of the best parts of a Carnival cruise is trying all the fantastic food options. But you don’t have to leave your stateroom to have a meal or snack! Room service on Carnival is available around the clock.
I’ll answer all your questions about Carnival Cruise Line room service. Plus, I’ve included current menus, along with prices for any items that aren’t complimentary. Bon appétit!
Is room service free on Carnival?
Although you might remember that in 2019 Carnival announced room service would no longer be free on their ships, outrage from cruisers caused the company to quickly change its mind.
Carnival currently offers several free room service options during the day, from 6 AM until 10 PM. The room service menu offers a selection of salads, sandwiches, and desserts that are always complimentary with your cruise fare during this time.
They also offer a free continental breakfast, delivered to your room in the morning if you order before 3 AM.
Basic drinks are also complimentary with your room service order. These include:
- Hot tea
- Iced tea
- Hot chocolate
Carnival also offers hot meals and snacks, as well as hot breakfast sandwiches in the morning, for a small additional fee.
How do you order room service on a Carnival cruise?
Ordering room service on a Carnival cruise is easy—just dial 8000 on your stateroom phone. You can access the room service menu before you call by scanning the room service menu QR code posted on the wall.
Tip: You’ll need to connect to the onboard WiFi to scan the QR code, but there’s no charge to use it for scanning codes, using the HUB app, or by visiting carnival.com during your cruise.
Is Carnival’s room service available 24/7?
Room service offerings are always available on Carnival ships, except for disembarkation morning. However, from 10 PM until 6 AM, you can only order from the “A Little $ A Lot of Yummy” portion of the menu. This selection includes hot meals and snacks priced from $2 to $6.
Tip: Looking for a late-night snack but don’t want to pay for room service? All Carnival ships have a 24-hour pizza joint on board—either Pizzeria del Capitano or Pizza Pirate.
Can you order soda or alcohol from room service on a Carnival cruise?
Carnival’s room service menu includes a selection of sodas and beers you can add to your room service order, at regular bar prices (see an example of a bar menu with prices here).
Soft drink choices include Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Zero Sugar, Pepsi Caffeine Free, Sierra Mist, Sierra Mist Zero, Mug Root Beer, and Mountain Dew.
Beer choices include Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Heineken, Corona, and Pilsner Urquell.
You’ll also have the option of ordering one of their ship-made craft beers like ThirstyFrog Caribbean Wheat, Parched Pig West Coast IPA, or Parched Pig Toasted Amber.
Soda and beer ordered via room service aren’t covered by Carnival’s drink packages, including Bottomless Bubbles and CHEERS!
You may also like: Which Cruise Lines Serve Coke Products vs Pepsi?
Want all the specifics on Carnival’s room service menu, including prices? Here’s the full menu, current as of the date of publication. Note that prices and selection are subject to change.
- Garden salad with choice of dressing
- Caesar salad with house-made dressing and shaved parmesan
- Tuna salad
- Roasted turkey
- Ham and cheese
- Turkey bacon, lettuce + tomato
- Grilled American cheese
- Grilled Reuben with corned beef and Swiss
*All sandwiches served with potato salad, coleslaw, potato chips, or pretzels. Your choice of white, whole wheat, rye, or gluten-free bread
- New York cheesecake
- Assorted cookies
- Chocolate cake
- Totally awesome wings $5 (choice of honey BBQ, buffalo, garlic parmesan, teriyaki, or Caribbean jerk)
- Chicken tenders $5 (crispy pan breaded chicken with BBQ or honey mustard sauce)
- Spicy fried firecracker shrimp $6 (spiced shrimp, panko coated and fried, with chili ginger dip. Served with fries)
- Killer chicken quesadilla $5 (grilled chipotle seasoned chicken, onions, peppers, Monterrey jack, pico de gallo, guacamole)
- Authentic Philly cheesesteak $5 (frizzled steak, melted cheese, grilled onions on a hoagie. Served with fries)
- Pan pizza $5 (hand-stretched dough, baked to order. Choice of cheese, pepperoni, or ham + pineapple)
- Side of fries $2
- Sweet potato fries $2.50
- Old fashioned banana split $4
How do you order room service for continental breakfast on Carnival?
You can order a free continental breakfast delivered to your room by filling out a breakfast hangtag and hanging it outside your door prior to 3 AM.
There should be a stack of hangtags in your stateroom (they’re usually hanging on the wall), but your room steward can get you more if you run out.
You can choose the time you’d like your breakfast delivered in half-hour blocks, from 5 AM until 10 AM. Complimentary options include:
Fruit and cereal
- Frosted Flakes
- Froot Loops
- Corn Flakes
- Lucky Charms
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- White toast
- Wheat toast
- Gluten-free toast
- Orange juice
- Apple juice
- Tomato juice
- Grapefruit juice
- Hot tea
- Hot chocolate
- Skim milk
- Iced tea
- Pot of coffee
- Pot of decaf coffee
- Brown sugar
- Sugar substitute (pink, blue, or yellow)
- Half & half cream
- Cream cheese
- Grape jelly
- Orange marmalade
- Strawberry jelly
- Peanut butter
Tip: If you need dairy-free milk for your coffee or cereal, I’ve had good luck requesting it on a blank spot on the hangtag—even though it’s not on the menu.
Hot breakfast sandwiches (additional fee applies)
- Sourdough, crispy chicken toastie, hash brown, ranch $3
- Biscuit, egg, sausage patty, hash brown $3
- English muffin, bacon, baked egg, hash brown $3
- Bagel with smoked salmon, cream cheese $5
Note that continental breakfast room service isn’t available on disembarkation morning, but you can still get breakfast at a main dining room or at the buffet—they’re usually open until about 9:30.
Tipping for room service on Carnival
Although Carnival does charge passengers automatic gratuities that are divided amongst the service staff, it’s always a nice idea to give a small tip to the crewmember who delivers your room service meals.
Some crewmembers actually volunteer for room service duty (on top of their already long hours) specifically to make some extra money from tips!
You don’t need to tip a lot—generally a dollar (or its equivalent) is just fine per meal that you have delivered.
Carnival Cruise Line room service FAQ
Carnival offers free room service options during the day, from 6 AM until 10 PM. The complimentary room service menu offers a selection of salads, sandwiches, and desserts.
Carnival ships offer room service 24/7, except on disembarkation morning.
Carnival doesn’t charge a delivery fee for room service. However, hot menu items do have an upcharge during the day. All room service items on the late-night menu have an upcharge.
Tipping for Carnival room service isn’t mandatory, but a cash gratuity of $1 per meal is customary for cruisers.
More resources for your Carnival cruise:
- Carnival Cruise Line Drink Packages: The Ultimate Guide
- How to Get Onboard Credit for Owning Carnival Stock
- Faster to the Fun: The Ultimate Guide to Carnival’s Skip-the-Line Pass
Do you have any other questions about room service on Carnival? Let me know in the comments below!
- Carnival Splendor Fun Times Daily Planner Australia South Pacific Cruise 11 Days 2023 - February 6, 2023
- Holland America’s 2024 Canada and New England Season Features Longer Itineraries and a Spotlight on Iceland - January 23, 2023
- Cunard Will Offer Rocky Mountaineer Train Tours in Alaska This Summer - January 23, 2023