Are you inspired by cruise travel quotes? I know I am, so I’ve put together 22 of my very favorite ones to share with you and spark your wanderlust!
Cruise travel is such a unique way to see the world, with lazy (or not-so-lazy!) days at sea and adventurous days discovering new places and experiences. Reading cruise travel quotes always inspires me to keep traveling, and remember how much more of the world there is to explore.
I’ve illustrated each of these cruise travel quotes with a photo from my journeys on board cruise ships and in some of the various ports I’ve traveled to.
I hope you enjoy these quotes as much as I do. Use your favorites for scrapbooking, journaling, and Instagram captions, or just for inspiration to keep adventuring.
Please feel free to save any of my cruise quote images to use on your own website or social media. Just be sure to credit Should Be Cruising and link back to this page. Thanks!
Disclaimer: I may receive a small commission when you make a purchase from a link on this site, at no added charge to you. For more info, please read my Disclosure Policy
1. “One doesn’t discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore.” – André Gide
2. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
3. “Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.” – Brooks Atkinson
4. “In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with.” – Charles M. Schulz
5. “A ship in port is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.” – Grace Hopper
6. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
7. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
8. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
9. “The cure for anything is saltwater – sweat, tears, or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen
10. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” – Jacques Cousteau
11. “The days pass happily with me wherever my ship sails.” – Joshua Slocum
12. “There is a kind of magicness about going far away and then coming back all changed.” – Kate Douglas Wiggin
13. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
Love cruising? Take the Take the Cruise Trivia Quiz!
14. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
15. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
16. “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves, and we travel, next to find ourselves.” – Pico Iyer
17. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
18. “Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.” – Robert Henri
19. “At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.” – Robin Lee Graham
20. “We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” – Ray Bradbury
You may also like: 10 Funniest Cruise Jokes That Will Make You Laugh
21. “It isn’t that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better.” – Sir Francis Drake
22. “Ships at a distance have every man’s wish on board.” – Zora Neale Hurston
For more inspiring quotes and captions about the sea and sailing, be sure to check out:
- 40 Ocean Quotes for Everyone Who Loves The Sea
- 80+ Perfect Ocean and Sea Captions for Instagram
- 150+ Perfect Beach Captions for Instagram
What’s your favorite cruise travel quote? Is it one of these, or do you have another quote that inspires you? Let me know in the comments below!
If you liked this post, I’d love it if you’d share it on your social media channels. It really helps my blog to grow so I can keep bringing you free cruise tips, ideas, and reviews. Thanks so much for reading!
- Seabourn Venture Makes First Visit to Antarctica for Naming Ceremony - November 23, 2022
- Visiting the American Legation Museum in Tangier Morocco - November 22, 2022
- Cassidy Gifford Becomes Godmother of Carnival Celebration in Miami - November 21, 2022