Ultra-luxury cruise line Seabourn has completed installation of SpaceX’s Starlink Wi-Fi across its entire six-ship fleet. With the Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite technology on board, cruisers can now expect better connectivity and faster internet wherever Starlink’s services are available.
The news comes after parent company Carnival Corporation‘s announcement in January 2023 that Starlink would be installed on all ships across its collection of cruise lines.
“Following the positive feedback we received from our guests from the successful rollout of Starlink’s enhanced connectivity on our expedition ships, we are thrilled to share that both our ocean and expedition ships in our ultra-luxury fleet now feature Starlink. Our guests can now choose to connect or disconnect as they wish during their extraordinary journeys with Seabourn,” said Natalya Leahy, president of Seabourn.
“Whether exploring the polar regions, cruising the Mediterranean, or navigating across the oceans, our guests can now enjoy an even more dependable connection, enabling them to effortlessly share those cherished ‘Seabourn Moments’ and experiences with their loved ones when they are sailing with us,” Leahy continued in a press release.
Starlink is now available on Seabourn’s two new purpose-built ultra-luxury expedition ships, Seabourn Venture and Seabourn Pursuit, as well as on the brand’s ocean ships Seabourn Sojourn, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation.
“We are so proud to provide a high level of enhanced technology for our guests who want to stay connected, whether it’s sharing their personal experiences with friends and family or staying connected with work,” added Kathleen Erickson, Seabourn’s VP of technology. “Having this technology will only enhance their experience when they sail on Seabourn.”
More news about Seabourn
- Seabourn’s Entire Fleet Now Equipped With Starlink Wi-Fi
- New Expedition Ship Seabourn Pursuit Features Custom Art Collection
- Seabourn Announces Powerhouse Lineup of Speakers for Onboard Enrichment Program
- Seabourn Sells Seabourn Odyssey to MOL
- Seabourn Venture Makes First Visit to Antarctica for Naming Ceremony
Have you used Starlink internet on Seabourn or another cruise line? I’d love to hear what you think about it in the comments below!
- Gwen Stefani Names Carnival Jubilee in Galveston - February 26, 2024
- Carnival Corporation Orders Fourth Excel Class Ship For Carnival Cruise Line - February 14, 2024
- Carnival’s New Celebration Key Will Feature Five Unique “Portals” - January 30, 2024