Expedition cruise line Quark has announced its 2025 Arctic portfolio, including 12 unique itineraries.
Quark Expeditions urges cruisers to reconsider their bucket list and choose places that take them beyond the usual and overly popular travel experiences. Quark is providing a $1,000 early booking bonus to any traveler who chooses to avoid “Top 10” lists in favor of truly unique polar adventures in the remote Arctic. (Guests must book by October 31, 2023; see link for details.)
The company has been offering polar adventure travel for over 25 years, specializing in expeditions to Antarctica and the Arctic. Quark Expeditions runs Arctic and Antarctic cruises on specially-equipped small expedition vessels and icebreakers, and features unique land-based excursions.
“Now that global travel is back in a big way, industry watchers have observed that many travelers are heading to the same destinations—in large numbers—and taking the very same selfies,” said Wendy Batchelor, Quark’s VP of Marketing, in a press release.
“For our Arctic 2025 season, we invite travelers to go bold and take the less-traveled route away from the metropolises of Rome and New York and instead explore remote Arctic destinations like Svalbard, Greenland or the Canadian High Arctic. We want to inspire people to rethink their bucket list dreams, get off the beaten track and return home with travel stories no other destination can provide,” Batchelor continued.
Quark Expeditions’ Arctic 2025 season includes 12 itineraries—four of which are new:
- West Greenland Ice Odyssey: Glaciers and Icebergs
- Ultimate Arctic Voyage: From Svalbard to Jan Mayen to Iceland
- Wild Fjords of South Greenland: Land of the Vikings
- Adventures in Northeast Greenland: Glaciers, Fjords and the Northern Lights
Quark Expeditions has tailored its Arctic 2025 portfolio to offer cruisers a variety of voyage lengths and off-ship activities, many of which are supported by two twin-engine helicopters aboard the new 199-guest ship Ultramarine.
“Another element that was extremely important to us when we created this season line-up was to allow travelers to fulfill very unique polar dreams,” explained Batchelor. “If you want to explore the legendary Northwest Passage, we’ve got you covered. If you dream of flying in a helicopter and then landing on the Greenland Ice Sheet, we can make that happen.”
Quark Expeditions’ 2025 Arctic season runs from May to October. Click on the short video below to see highlights:
More news about Quark Expeditions
- Quark Expeditions Launches New Arctic 2025 Season
- Quark Expeditions Announces Dr. Sian Proctor as Godmother for New Ship Ultramarine
Have you cruised with Quark Expeditions to the Arctic before, or are you planning to? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
- Viking’s Newest Ship Viking Vela Floats Out - November 30, 2023
- Princess Cruises Will Debut Its Largest Casino Ever on New Sun Princess - November 28, 2023
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023