Luxury cruise line Cunard will offer Starlink internet aboard all of its ships by the end of 2023.
Cunard Line has announced the debut of a new onboard Wi-Fi service as part of its deployment of SpaceX’s Starlink across the fleet.
In a press release, the company shared that Starlink, the leader in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite technology, will allow guests to share photos and videos, stream films, and enjoy other content on board with a more dependable Wi-Fi connection at even quicker speeds.
“Sharing unforgettable moments with friends and family back at home is an important part of any holiday. Whether it’s uploading a picture of a sunset as you sail away from a newly discovered destination or catching up with the news, live events, or content from home, Starlink will make it even easier for our guests and colleagues to stay connected,” said Cunard President Katie McAlister.
The roll-out of Starlink aboard Cunard’s current three-ship fleet began in June 2023, with the service due to be available in both public spaces and staterooms on Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, and Queen Elizabeth by the end of 2023.
Related: Cunard Ships by Age, Size, and Class
Cunard’s newest ship, Queen Anne, will launch with the service in May 2024.
“High-speed internet is critical to our modern lifestyle both at home and when traveling. We’re excited that Cunard guests and crew will benefit from an improved Wi-Fi service on board wherever they are in the world,” Starlink VP of commercial sales Jonathan Hofeller commented.
The news follows Cunard parent company Carnival Corporation‘s January announcement that Starlink Wi-Fi would be installed aboard all ships in its global fleet.
More news about Cunard
- Theatre Producer David Pugh Will Bring West End to Queen Anne
- Cunard Announces Three-Year Partnership with British Film Institute for Queen Anne
- Cunard Announces New 2025 Program for Queen Anne, Queen Mary 2, and Queen Victoria
- Cunard Rolling Out SpaceX’s Starlink Wi-Fi Across Its Fleet
- Cunard Ships by Age, Size, and Class (2023)
- Cunard Enables Shore Power Capability Across the Fleet
What’s your experience been with Wi-Fi aboard Cunard ships? Are you looking forward to the promise of faster internet at sea? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
- Carnival’s New Celebration Key Will Feature Five Unique “Portals” - January 30, 2024
- Princess Cruises Delays Delivery of Sun Princess and Cancels Inaugural Sailing - January 24, 2024
- Mickey and Minnie Debut Bahamian-Inspired Outfits for Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point - January 24, 2024