The innovative BOLT: Ultimate Sea Coaster on Carnival Jubilee will be the third rollercoaster at sea when it debuts in December 2023.
In celebration of National Roller Coaster Day, Carnival Cruise Line is set to welcome its third BOLT: Ultimate Sea Coaster as it takes shape atop its next new ship, Carnival Jubilee. The roller coaster’s 800-foot track is being installed on Deck 19 this week at Meyer Werft in Germany, where the ship is under construction.
Related: Carnival Jubilee Floats Out
The coaster’s installation is slated to be finished next month, with test runs planned for October. When finished, BOLT’s track will accommodate two all-electric, two-person cars. Through drops, twists, and curves 187 feet above sea level, riders will control the car’s speed of up to 40 miles per hour.
BOLT is the highlight of Carnival’s three Excel-class ships’ fun-filled Ultimate Playground, and it has already proven incredibly popular on the first two vessels. On Jubilee‘s sister ships, Mardi Gras and Carnival Celebration, more than 150,000 cruisers have already experienced the thrill of riding the only roller coasters at sea.
Manufactured by Maurer Rides in Munich, Germany, BOLT’s first iteration became the first roller coaster at sea when Mardi Gras debuted in 2021. The roller coaster has received positive reviews and multiple awards, including a Popular Science magazine engineering prize.
You may also like: Carnival Cruise Line Waterslides – Everything You Need to Know
Carnival Jubilee will sail week-long Western Caribbean trips from Galveston, Texas beginning December 23, 2023, visiting popular ports including Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatán, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.
More news about Carnival Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruise Line Opens Itineraries Featuring New Celebration Key
- Carnival Legend Will Homeport in Galveston in 2025
- Carnival Ships Will Begin Visiting Celebration Key in July 2025
- Carnival Cruise Line Introduces New Vegan Dining Room Menu
- Carnival Cruise Line Piloting Program to Reduce Single-Use Glass at Sea
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces New Grand Bahama Cruise Port Destination Will Be Called Celebration Key
Have you tried BOLT: Ultimate Sea Coaster on a Carnival ship? Or are you planning to? Let me know in the comments below!
- Celebrity Ascent Completes Sea Trials - October 3, 2023
- Princess Cruises Introduces Vegan Menus For Plant-Based Cruisers - October 2, 2023
- Holland America Line Installs SpaceX’s Starlink Internet Aboard More Than Half Its Fleet - October 2, 2023