MSC Cruises and Formula 1 are partnering to create a unique race weekend experience during the 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this November.
On March 15, 2023, MSC Cruises announced that as part of its Global Partnership with Formula 1 racing, the cruise line will offer an unrivaled race weekend experience at this year’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix from November 24 – 26.
The collaboration will offer racing fans the chance to combine accommodation aboard MSC Virtuosa, race tickets, and exclusive insider access with F1 Experiences to create an unforgettable weekend.
What to expect on MSC Virtuosa during Grand Prix weekend
Serving as a cruise ship hotel throughout the race weekend while docked in the Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminal, the MSC Virtuosa will offer comfortable and stylish accommodations. The ship features an array of amenities including restaurants and bars, two theaters, a shopping mall and Mediterranean-style promenade, a spa and fully-equipped gym, five swimming pools, an interactive waterpark, extensive kids’ areas and more.
“Through this exclusive hospitality offering we are bringing together the very best of two worlds—Formula 1® and MSC Cruises,” said Gianni Onorato, MSC Cruises’ CEO.
“By collaborating together, we are integrating the incredible atmosphere at the track with the incredible experience on board our ships to create an unrivaled and truly memorable race experience for fans of all ages,” Onorato continued.
MSC’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix packages
Several different packages are available for the race weekend, combining accommodation, race tickets, and exclusive insider access with F1 Experiences.
Guests can choose from a range of accommodation levels available aboard MSC Virtuosa, all with half board (breakfast and an evening meal), complimentary Wi-Fi, and transfers to and from the racetrack.
Packages start with a cabin-only option for those who already have race tickets, or a cabin + Formula 1 Grandstand ticket option.
For those looking for the ultimate Formula 1 weekend, there is a choice of cabin + F1 Experience that includes exclusive trackside activities and premium all-inclusive hospitality including exclusive insider access such as the Pit Lane Walk, a Guided Track Tour on a flatbed truck, and Formula 1 personnel appearances.
The festive atmosphere will continue on board with a specially designed program of themed activities, parties, and entertainment, as well as a dedicated kids’ program.
The Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminal where MSC Virtuosa will be docked is just a short drive from the circuit, allowing guests to get there and back with ease thanks to complimentary transfers. In addition, the city center is very close by, making the ship a perfect base for the weekend. MSC Virtuosa will be in port from November 23 to 27, allowing guests the opportunity to extend their race weekend.
Stefano Domenicali, president and CEO of Formula 1 said in a press release, “We are delighted to join forces with MSC Cruises and bring fans a unique and unparalleled hospitality experience during the season finale at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix™. With luxurious accommodations, exclusive insider access, and the convenience of all-in-one race packages, we’re confident that this partnership will make the race weekend truly unforgettable.”
Check package availability and pricing on MSC’s race weekend page.
About MSC Virtuosa
MSC Virtuosa can carry up to 6,334 passengers and is designed to offer a dynamic guest experience with innovative features and facilities. Some of the ship’s highlights include:
- À la carte dining in the main restaurants and an extensive buffet serving international dishes for more informal dining
- Five specialty restaurants including The Butcher’s Cut, an authentic American-style steakhouse; HOLA! Tacos & Cantina, and Kaito Sushi and Teppanyaki.
- Twenty-one bars and lounges including the innovative MSC Starship Club featuring the world’s first humanoid robotic bartender
- A 945-seat main theater and the stunning Carousel Lounge with live productions and shows every night
- A dedicated entertainment area with an MSC Formula Racer, bowling, and XD cinema
- 112-meter-long Mediterranean promenade lined with boutiques, bars, and restaurants, topped with an animated LED sky screen
- Award-winning kids’ facilities including 7 rooms dedicated to babies, children, and teenagers, featuring LEGO play areas and a Chicco baby club
- Five swimming pools including an extensive pool with a retractable roof and an interactive aquapark with three action-packed water slides including two racing tube slides
- The luxurious MSC Aurea Spa with a full range of treatments and the state-of-the-art MSC Gym by Technogym®
- The MSC Yacht Club, a ship within a ship concept offering chic private facilities and accommodation including a panoramic lounge, gourmet restaurant, and a private pool and sun deck (available for Paddock Club and Legend packages)
More news about MSC Cruises
- MSC Cruises Partners With Formula 1 for Grand Prix Experience
- MSC Cruises Bringing Live Guinness World Records Show Aboard Ships
- MSC Cruises Launches MSC Seascape in New York City
You can find the best prices and exclusive perks for MSC cruises on CruiseDirect. Plus, they never charge a booking fee!
Are you planning to stay aboard MSC Virtuosa during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend? What are you most looking forward to? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!