Oceania Cruises announced its refurbished ship Riviera will make her debut in Alaska in the summer of 2025.
Premium-plus cruise line Oceania Cruises is set to embark on a journey to Alaska in the summer of 2025, featuring its refurbished 1,250-guest vessel, Riviera.
Riviera will venture into iconic Alaskan ports of call, including Ketchikan, Sitka, Kodiak, and the breathtaking Hubbard Glacier. The ship will offer a range of itineraries lasting from seven to 12 days, allowing cruisers to explore Alaska’s natural beauty and rich cultural experiences.
“The decision to elevate our presence in the Alaska region was easy. This fascinating destination has always been a firm favorite with our well-traveled guests, who are constantly wanting to explore remote, wondrous and truly off-the-beaten-track destinations. Sailing on board Riviera is the ultimate way to explore this rugged state, while enjoying her distinctive residential luxury, The Finest Cuisine at Sea, and expertly curated travel experiences,” said Frank A. Del Rio, president of Oceania Cruises, in a press release.
Alaskan experiences ashore
Guests on Oceania Riviera can explore Alaska’s diverse wonders, from the massive Hubbard Glacier to the historic town of Dutch Harbour and the lush Tongass National Forest, the world’s largest temperate rainforest.
Riviera will also introduce Culinary Discovery Tours designed for the 2025 season, spotlighting Alaska’s unique food culture. These immersive, chef-led tours, available in Juneau, Ketchikan, and Sitka, will take travelers on epicurean adventures featuring craft beer flights paired with dishes made from freshly foraged ingredients, visits to sustainable oyster farms, and hands-on seafood-centric cooking classes.
Cruisers can also enhance their Alaska journey with pre- and post-cruise Alaska Land Programs, including a multi-day Denali National Park experience.
What to expect aboard Oceania Riviera
Oceania Riviera, which underwent extensive refurbishment in 2022, boasts an impressive range of features for curious world travelers. Her standard staterooms are among the largest at sea at 291 square feet, and all staterooms have been reimagined with luxurious furnishings, expanded showers, and thoughtful design touches.
Public spaces have been upgraded with plush new carpets and leather-covered armchairs, providing an elegant atmosphere throughout the ship.
Dining options have also been elevated, with a new alfresco pizzeria and trattoria offering hand-tossed pizzas, Italian specialties, and more.
With 800 officers and crew for 1,250 guests, Riviera promises a high level of service, ensuring a welcoming ambiance throughout the journey. Dining options on board include seven open-seating gourmet restaurants offering international and Continental dishes, from The Grand Dining Room to the ultimate steakhouse experience at Polo Grill, bold pan-Asian fare at Red Ginger, and more.
The immersion into Alaska continues onboard, with a naturalist offering bridge commentary and guest speaker-style talks on Alaska’s incredible biodiversity. The Alaska Explorer Youth Program is designed for children between 5 and 12 years old, providing engaging activities supervised by experienced youth counselors.
Cruisers will also have the opportunity to learn the secrets behind popular Alaska and Pacific Northwest regional dishes, with several hands-on culinary workshops at Riviera’s state-of-the-art Culinary Center during each cruise.
Oceania Riviera’s 2025 Alaska itineraries
Riviera‘s Alaska cruises offer a range of itineraries, including the “Alaska Reflections” cruise departing from Vancouver and the “Wonders of Alaska” departing from Seattle, each showcasing the region’s unique attractions and landscapes.
Alaska sailings include:
- Alaska Reflections: 8 days from Vancouver to Whittier cruising Hubbard Glacier and visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), and Sitka. Departs May 13, 2025.
- Explorer’s Alaska: 8 days from Whittier to Vancouver cruising Hubbard Glacier and visiting Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Skagway, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Prince Rupert. Departs May 21, 2025.
- Wilds of Alaska: 12 days from Vancouver to Whittier cruising Hubbard Glacier and visiting Klawock, Ketchikan, Wrangell, Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Haines, Juneau, Sitka, Kodiak and Homer. Departs May 29, 2025.
- Alaskan Accolades: 7 days from Whittier to Vancouver cruising Hubbard Glacier and visiting Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Haines, Juneau, and Ketchikan. Departs June 10, 2025.
- Majestic Alaska: 9 days from Vancouver to Seattle cruising Holkham Bay Glacier Fjords and visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, Haines, Wrangell, and Victoria. Departs June 17, 2025.
- Gems of The Last Frontier: 12 days from Seattle to Seattle cruising Hubbard Glacier and visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Haines, Sitka, Wrangell, Klawock, and Victoria. Departs June 26 and July 17, 2025.
- Wonders of Alaska: 9 days from Seattle to Seattle cruising Hubbard Glacier and visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, and Victoria. Departs July 8 and September 9, 2025.
- Radiant Alaska: 10 days from Seattle to Seattle cruising Hubbard Glacier and visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Sitka, and Victoria. Departs July 29, 2025.
- Frontier Adventures: days from Seattle to Seattle cruising Holkham Bay Glacier Fjords and visiting Ketchikan, Sitka, Haines, Juneau, Wrangell, and Victoria. Departs August 8, 2025.
- Spirit of Alaska: 10 days from Seattle to Seattle cruising Holkham Bay Glacier Fjords and visiting Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Juneau, Skagway, Wrangell, and Victoria. Departs August 18, 2025.
- Alaskan Horizons: 12 days from Seattle to Seattle cruising Hubbard Glacier and visiting Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Skagway, Juneau, Sitka, Wrangell, Klawock, and Victoria. Departs August 28, 2025.
Booking your Alaska cruise on Oceania Riviera
As part of the cruise line’s simply MORE program, Oceania Cruises is offering a shore excursion credit of up to $1,600 USD, in addition to numerous other inclusions like free roundtrip airfare, airport transfers, Champagne, wine, gourmet specialty dining, and unlimited WiFi.
For the lowest fares on an Oceania cruise, I always recommend CruiseDirect. In addition to their best price guarantee, they also offer exclusive perks and never charge a booking fee.
More news about Oceania Cruises
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise
- Oceania Marina Will Undergo Extensive Refurbishment in May 2024
- Oceania Cruises to Introduce Riviera in Alaska in Summer 2025
- Oceania Cruises Announces Seven New 2025 Summer Sailings to French Polynesia and Hawaii
- Oceania Cruises Launches Simply MORE Program to Offer More Included Amenities
- Giada De Laurentiis Named Godmother of Oceania Cruises’ New Ship Vista
Are you excited about Oceania Cruises’ expansion in Alaska with the Riviera in 2025? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral - November 27, 2023
- Royal Caribbean Transatlantic Cruise Compass – Rhapsody of the Seas - November 26, 2023