Cruise line Holland America Line will donate proceeds from its newest “On Deck for a Cause” event aboard 2023 Alaska sailings to the nonprofit Alaska Geographic.
Holland America Line has announced it will donate proceeds from its “On Deck for a Cause” program aboard 2023 Alaska sailings to Alaska Geographic. The nonprofit is an education partner of the state’s parks, forests, refuges, and conservation lands.
Holland America has six ships scheduled to explore the landscapes of Alaska from May through September of 2023.
What is HAL’s On Deck for a Cause program?
Since 2006, nearly half a million cruisers have joined in more than 8,400 “On Deck” charity walks aboard Holland America Line.
Currently, On Deck for a Cause benefits the global humanitarian aid organization Direct Relief and has raised more than $550,000 for Ukrainian aid over the past 14 months. The five ships in the Holland America Line fleet not sailing in Alaska will continue to raise funds for Direct Relief through the program.
On Deck for a Cause: Alaska’s Parks
“Not only do we love Alaska, but our guests can’t help but fall in love with everything that makes Alaska so spectacular, from its glaciers and wildlife to its cultural and natural beauty, which all directly benefit from the good work of Alaska Geographic,” said Michael Smith, SVP of Guest Experience and Product Development at Holland America.
“We are proud to support Alaska Geographic in their mission to make Alaska’s public lands more accessible to everyone and boost their work to preserve them for future generations,” Smith continued in a press release.
How can cruisers join On Deck for a Cause to support Alaska’s parks?
Guests on Holland America’s Alaska cruises will be invited to donate $25 to participate in a non-competitive 5K fundraising walk aboard each sailing.
Each participant will receive an On Deck for a Cause T-shirt and wristband, and will also enjoy a reception following the walk. Funds raised through “On Deck for a Cause: Alaska’s Parks” will support education, science, and research in Alaska’s parks.
“The funds raised through Holland America Line’s ‘On Deck for a Cause: Alaska’s Parks’ directly support Alaska Geographic’s mission to connect people with Alaska’s parks, forests, refuges, and conservation lands,” said Andy Hall, executive director at Alaska Geographic.
“Their guests come to Alaska from around the world to see incredible places like Glacier Bay and Denali national parks. On Deck for a Cause gives them the opportunity to give back by supporting our mission while learning about the importance of stewardship of these public lands,” Hall added.
More resources for your Holland America cruise
- Holland America Fitness Classes (With Menu and Prices)
- Holland America Spa and Salon Services (With Menu and Prices)
Latest news about Holland America
- Holland America Line Installs SpaceX’s Starlink Internet Aboard More Than Half Its Fleet
- Holland America Completes Shore Power Connectivity Installation Fleetwide
- Holland America Line Launches Global Fresh Fish Program
- Holland America Line’s 2025 Europe Season Focuses on Longer Cruises and More Overnight Stays
- Holland America Introduces National Geographic Day Tours on Mediterranean Cruises
- Holland America Expands Alaska Up Close Program
Have you ever participated in On Deck for a Cause on a Holland America cruise? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
- Viking’s Newest Ship Viking Vela Floats Out - November 30, 2023
- Princess Cruises Will Debut Its Largest Casino Ever on New Sun Princess - November 28, 2023
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023