Carnival Cruise Line’s ship Carnival Freedom will receive a new funnel nearly 18 months after the original structure was significantly damaged by fire.
Carnival Freedom will once more be adorned with the instantly recognizable winged funnel design she was created to carry. The signature funnel—also featured in the Fun Ship logo—can be found atop the majority of Carnival Cruise Line‘s fleet.
The ship’s original funnel caught fire in May 2022 while docked in Grand Turk, destroying the iconic “whale tail” design of the structure. The funnel was temporarily repaired after the fire and Freedom returned to service without her wings.
The replacement funnel, which was built at Navantia shipyard in Cádiz, Spain, is one of several upgrades planned for Carnival Freedom during her current dry dock.
The 2,980-guest ship began the 16-day dry dock refurbishment project on Friday, marking the first time Navantia shipyard has designed and manufactured a Carnival funnel.
Along with replacing the funnel, the exterior of the ship will also undergo a number of additional renovations, including installing new decking and adding the red, white, and blue hull design that has become synonymous with Carnival and is present on the majority of the brand’s ships.
A Heroes Tribute Bar will also be introduced on Carnival Freedom as a tribute to veterans and active-duty service members.
In a press release, Carnival indicated that the company will share more details about the enhancements made to Carnival Freedom once work at the shipyard is completed.
More news about Carnival Cruise Line
- Carnival Freedom Will Get Replacement “Whale Tail” Funnel
- Carnival Spirit Begins Cruising From Mobile
- Carnival Cruise Line Expands West Coast Cruise Options From Long Beach
- Carnival Cruise Line Opens Itineraries Featuring New Celebration Key
- Carnival Legend Will Homeport in Galveston in 2025
- Carnival Ships Will Begin Visiting Celebration Key in July 2025
Are you a fan of Carnival Freedom? How happy are you that she’s finally getting a new funnel? Let me know in the comments!
- Viking’s Newest Ship Viking Vela Floats Out - November 30, 2023
- Princess Cruises Will Debut Its Largest Casino Ever on New Sun Princess - November 28, 2023
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023