Cruisers wanting to be among the first to visit Celebration Key, Carnival’s new private destination in the Bahamas, can now book sailings.
Carnival Cruise Line has opened approximately 400 cruises for sale that will bring guests to Celebration Key, its new exclusive cruise port destination in the Bahamas, with the first calls at the port scheduled for July 2025. Guests can now book cruises on 12 Carnival ships sailing regularly from eight homeports to visit Celebration Key in 2025 and 2026.
“As the first port destination exclusively designed for Carnival Cruise Line guests, Celebration Key will provide the ultimate Carnival fun in the sun, immersed in the natural beauty of Grand Bahama. Our guests have a wide range of ships, homeports, and itineraries that visit our new exclusive destination to choose from,” said Carnival Cruise Line president Christine Duffy.
“And we’ve seen that there is a lot of interest in Celebration Key as thousands of Carnival guests signed up over the last week to be the first to know about the itineraries and features. The July 2025 opening will be here before we know it, and we are working closely with the Bahamian Government and the local Grand Bahama community to make this the premier exclusive cruise port destination in the Caribbean. We plan to announce further details on what guests can expect to experience while there in the near future,” Duffy continued in a press release.
About Celebration Key
Celebration Key, located on the south side of Grand Bahama Island, will provide a variety of fun, leisure, and adventure possibilities for everyone. The resort promises guests a key to paradise no matter how they define it, with unlimited options to enjoy the immaculate white sands of the mile-long beach, authentic Bahamian shopping and dining, and excursions to explore Grand Bahama.
The new resort will be centered around the Caribbean’s largest freshwater lagoons, which will provide numerous recreational and leisure activities for both adults and kids. Carnival ships will dock at an adjacent cruise pier that can handle up to two Carnival Excel-class vessels at the same time, giving cruisers immediate access to Celebration Key.
“This is so exciting for the people of Grand Bahama as we watch Celebration Key come to life. We have a bold vision of how Grand Bahama can become the premier destination for entertainment and events in the region and we look forward to showing Carnival’s guests a warm and memorable vacation when they start visiting our beautiful island in 2025,” added the Hon. Ginger Moxie, Minister for Grand Bahama.
Twelve Carnival ships will begin visiting Celebration Key next year
The 12 Carnival ships sailing regularly from eight homeports to visit Celebration Key include:
From PortMiami: Carnival Celebration and Carnival Conquest
- Carnival Celebration will sail seven-day Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises from July 20, 2025.
- Carnival Conquest will sail three- and four-day Bahamas sailings beginning July 18, 2025.
From Port Canaveral: Mardi Gras, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Glory
- Mardi Gras will sail seven-day Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises from July 19, 2025; as well as one nine-day Eastern Caribbean sailing on October 30, 2025. In addition, Mardi Gras will sail two 14-day Transatlantic voyages: the first from Port Canaveral to Barcelona on September 13, 2025 and the second from Barcelona to Port Canaveral on October 16, 2025.
- Carnival Freedom will sail four- and five-day Bahamas sailings beginning July 19, 2025.
- Carnival Glory will sail three- and four-day Bahamas sailings from July 21, 2025.
From Galveston: Carnival Dream and Carnival Legend
- Carnival Dream will offer eight-day Eastern Caribbean sailings from July 26, 2025.
- Carnival Legend will feature Celebration Key on several 10-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean cruises.
From New Orleans: Carnival Liberty
- Carnival Liberty will sail seven- and eight-day Eastern Caribbean voyages from July 20, 2025.
From Baltimore: Carnival Pride
- Carnival Pride will set sail on seven-day Bahamas sailings from July 20, 2025, along with a 14-day Carnival Journeys Panama Canal cruise on January 11, 2026.
From Jacksonville: Carnival Elation
- From July 21, 2025, Carnival Elation will offer four- and five-day Bahamas cruises.
From Norfolk, VA: Carnival Sunshine
- Carnival Sunshine will sail six- and eight-day Bahamas cruises from October 18, 2025.
From Mobile: Carnival Spirit
- Carnival Spirit will offer six- and eight-day Bahamas cruises beginning November 2, 2025.
Related: What to Pack for a Caribbean Cruise
What’s next for Celebration Key
Over the coming months, Carnival plans to open more than 100 additional Celebration Key itineraries on six additional ships.
Carnival also continues to work closely with the government of The Bahamas, local Grand Bahama officials, and community leaders as vendors, excursion operators, business partners, construction workers and local residents are selected for the many business and job opportunities that the development of Celebration Key will generate and sustain.
Carnival plans to release more specifics on the phase one features and development timeline for Celebration Key in the near future.
To find the lowest fare on your Carnival cruise to Celebration Key, I always recommend CruiseDirect. They offer a best-price guarantee, exclusive perks, and never charge a booking fee.
More news about Carnival Cruise Line
- Carnival Freedom Will Get Replacement “Whale Tail” Funnel
- Carnival Spirit Begins Cruising From Mobile
- Carnival Cruise Line Expands West Coast Cruise Options From Long Beach
- Carnival Cruise Line Opens Itineraries Featuring New Celebration Key
- Carnival Legend Will Homeport in Galveston in 2025
- Carnival Ships Will Begin Visiting Celebration Key in July 2025
What are your thoughts about Carnival opening Celebration Key on Grand Bahama? Let me know in the comments!
- Oceania Cruises Announces First Annual Culinary Masters’ Cruise - November 27, 2023
- Princess Cruises Begins Countdown to Inaugural Season from Port Canaveral - November 27, 2023
- Royal Caribbean Transatlantic Cruise Compass – Rhapsody of the Seas - November 26, 2023